Acocks Green Farmers Market is launched this coming Saturday (16th June), 9am to 4pm, with a combined Farmers Market and Summer Fun Day. The Farmers Market is an important initiative by Acocks Green BID, which I worked hard to support in my time as a councillor for Acocks Green. The aim is to give an economic boost to the Village by attracting people to the market who will then visit the other businesses in the Village. The Farmers Market will provide tasty local produce including:
- Melt in the mouth fresh bread, pies and cakes
- Fresh local beef, pork and poultry
- Seasonal and celebration ales
- Olives, oil and antipasti
- Delicious and unusual fish and seafood and much much more!
The Farmers Market will become a regular part of Village life, taking place on the 3rd Saturday in the month (21st July, 18th August, 15th September, 20th October, 17th November and 15th December). Several will be combined with other events (the 17th November Market will take place with the Christmas Lights Switch on). This Saturday’s first Farmers Market will be celebrated with a Summer Fu Day which will include:
- Face painting
- Live performance by King Pleasure and the Biscuit Boys
- Hot dogs, toffee apples and ice cream
- Dance shows and martial arts demonstrations
- Fashion show
Lets hope the weather relents and we have a sunny day on Saturday!
have your say